The Journey Home

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Update on the adoption!

This is going to be a short post, but I had to let you all know that our MOWCYA letter came in, our file is complete, and the government officials are working on Biruk's birth certificate and passport!  WE'RE ONE STEP CLOSER TO HAVING HER HOME!!  

I'm learning so much about the Lord, and some of the most precious things I've learned about Him have to do with His character.  He's helping me to know that through all of the things that happen in my life, good, bad, or otherwise,  He is the loving God Who is in complete control and has our absolute best in mind.  He is teaching me to actively trust no matter the circumstance.  To give praise even (and maybe especially) in the frustrating, the difficult, the dark.  

I am itching, itching  to hold that sweet little squishy body in my arms again, to kiss and snuggle and read and rock and sing and wash and play and feed and swim and walk with her, and the rest of our little family feels the same way!!  We so appreciate you keeping us in your prayers.  We still have a few hurdles to jump, and are eagerly anticipating the joy of watching the Lord move.

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.  This is what the ancients were commended for."  Hebrews 11:1-2

2 comments:

  1. I've just started following your journey, now that you're almost there. But I wanted to know where your needs stood financially? any homeschool needs? You can email me at tracy dot growingngrace at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Tracy! I tried to e-mail you and it said this address "failed permanently"? I appreciate you being so gracious as to ask these questions of someone you don't even know! We are doing well and continue to be amazed at the Father's generosity throughout this journey. If you would, please continue to pray with us that He will supply our every need. He is so faithful to do it!

    ReplyDelete