WE HAVE A COURT DATE!!!!!!!!! Seriously, guys, if you think that God doesn't work in the lives of men and women today, re-read all of my posts. He has totally blown me away AGAIN. As you might recall, my last post was about how I had to surrender my frustrations and sadness over not having any idea when we would be assigned a court date to make our adoption of Abigail Biruk legal in the country of Ethiopia. In this adoption journey every time He asks me to surrender to Him and I do, He moves on our behalf. It hasn't always worked like this in my life, but it has certainly been the case over the past year and two months.
So here's the low-down: We need to be in Ethiopia to stand before the court on June 1st. That means that several things need prayer!
1) That the Lord would provide the money we need for the trip
2) That the Lord would work out all of the details for the kids and our dog while we're away
3) That He would bring us peace and safety as we travel
4) That He would bring our children peace as we travel
5) That He would allow us the honor of meeting Biruk's family while we're there and give us exactly the right words to speak into them when we do
6) That her family would be given peace the moment they meet us; that the Lord would also confirm to them that He brought us to their cherished loved one
7) That He would prepare her sweet little heart to leave everything she's ever known to come live in America and that the transition would not be traumatic for her
...and anything else that the Spirit lays on your heart to pray! We so love each of you and are so thankful for your encouragement and for interceding on our behalf. We'll keep you posted! AND WE PRAISE THE LORD JESUS! Woo-hoo!!!