The Journey Home

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Waiting and praying and waiting and praying and....

"I am confident of this:  I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.  Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD."  Psalm 27:13-14 (emphasis mine)

"I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope.  My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning.  O (believer), put your hope in the LORD, for with the LORD is unfailing love and with him is full redemption."  
Psalm 130:5-7

"In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength...Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion.  For the LORD is a God of justice.  Blessed are all who wait for him!"  
Isaiah 30:15a & 18
"I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry...Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust..."
Psalm 40
As we wait and pray, will you pray with us?  God has been so good to us in every way, but I've been ever so grateful that He has filled us with a blessed hope as we wait to bring Abbi home.  We are moving forward with all that we can do on our end (like get vaccines and make other preparations for us, the kids, and even our dog when we're called upon to travel...round number 2 of shots is today!), and in the meantime God brings rest to our souls and pours hope into our hearts that the wait will not last forever and soon we'll be able to hold Abbi and look into those great big brown eyes and tell her how much we love her!  Our paperwork is in the court system and now we're waiting for the government to issue us a court date.  As soon as they do, our agency will call to let us know and we fly over to make our adoption of Abbi legal in the country of Ethiopia!  Thank you so very much for all of your prayers.  I'd also encourage you to look on the Ordinary Hero website as they've put some new items up.  Please don't forget to go to the affiliate names and choose our name if you choose to buy something!  We appreciate your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment