The Journey Home

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Overwhelmed

As I type this entry, I am still crying tears of gratitude.  I am overwhelmed and at a loss for adequate words.  Today, I was showered with love, support, gifts for Biruk, encouragement, hugs, kisses, and did I say LOVE?  More love than I've felt in one room maybe ever.  My family was thrown a surprise baby shower by my wonderful, one-of-a-kind, lovely, amazing friends.  These are the kinds of friends that you would call at 3 a.m. if you really needed something and not hesitate doing it.  I was kidnapped this afternoon by a former youth group member (now blessed to call 'friend') having no idea where I was going.  I was brought to a roomful of people who love us and we love just as much.  I walked into that room completely aghast at the scene in front of me; women whom I've had the privilege of pouring into over the years, women who have sacrificed time and love to pour into my family and I, family who mean the world to me, and women who have supported me by being faithful prayer warriors through many a difficult situation, not the least of which has been this adoption process.  Not only do they love me, but they made it abundantly clear that they already love Biruk Abigail (we've decided to keep her beautiful African name as her first name and the name we've loved for a long time as her middle name).  To say thank you seems so very, very small.  Gratitude wells up inside of me thinking about each one of those precious women who are such gifts from the Lord to me.  I stand amazed and grateful before such a gracious God who bestows blessing upon blessing on His kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment